Getting started with couples: The first 5 EFT sessions, 3 hours
Only for mental health professionals (or students of these disciplines)
This is a 3 hour workshop on how to conduct the first 5 Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy sessions. It is full of practical tips, strategies, and worksheets in helping you to conduct the first 5 EFCT sessions. The purchase of this video will come with workshop notes.
“Getting Started with Couples-The first 5 EFT sessions” is the first of a series of EFT speciality workshops that will help you hone in your EFT skills. This is for participants who have some working knowledge of EFT. In this workshop, you can learn practical strategies in getting started with couples using EFT. Sue Johnson refers the first 5 EFT sessions as assessment but don’t let that fool you in thinking real work is not done during the first 5 sessions. Often it is in these 5 sessions that you are laying the ground work for future sessions. The first 5 EFT sessions usually comprised of: listening to the couple’s story, assessing their attachment history, tracking their cycle, doing the tango/enactments, sowing seeds of attachment, etc.
The workshop will:
1. Give you step by step instructions in conducting the first 5 sessions
2. Provide practical worksheets for you to give to couples
3. Give you relevant attachment history tools that you can use to assess your couple
4. Offer you simple strategies in tracking a couple’s cycle
5. Teach you how to do enactments that are relevant to the first 5 sessions of EFT
6. Build your confident in stage 1 work
For 3 Continued Education Hours from Canadian Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, you can donate an additional $15, complete the attached short quiz, and email it to email@example.com. You will then receive a certificate of attendance.